BUY.ONE.SEND.SOME. (B.O.S.S.) NICU CAMPAIGN
When Olive was born at 32 weeks gestation, she journeyed through our local NICU with us by her side each step of the way. Because we were unprepared for our baby to come so soon, we did not have many things ready for her arrival, including a proper car seat cover. Even though Olive didn't come home until 5 weeks old, it didn't mean we had a full five weeks to prepare for her, since we were in the hospital with our baby from morning until night. When we left the NICU with our baby in our arms, it was such a proud moment. We were so proud but also so concerned to bring our baby into a world where she would be exposed to all the outside elements as well as strangers germs as they wanted to touch our little preemie’s face and hands. For all of these reasons the first OVer was created. On February 27th, 2017, on Olive’s 2nd birthday, the OVer company has launched the Canada-wide Buy One, Send Some NICU campaign.
As a family that has been through the NICU journey, and knowing the feeling of being unprepared for our early baby, we want to make it easier (and less stressful) on the day a NICU baby gets released from their local NICU. Because of your purchase of the Olive Gioia OVer, you get to make a difference in a family's life by selecting which province/ hospital an OVer gets sent to! The OVers will be sent in batches to the hospitals selected and the hospitals will distrubute the OVers to baby’s graduating the unit.
What is the B.O.S.S. NICU CAMPAIGN?
- BUY. ONE. SEND. SOME
- Each customer that places an order for the Olive Gioia OVer print, will have the opportunity to select which hospital an OVer is sent to for a preterm/sick baby going home after a stay in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- You purchase the OVer, select where another OVer will go and the OVer company will take care of sending that OVer to the hospital selected.
Why do you care about NICUs across Canada?
- We will always have a special place in our heart for families that are journeying through the unknown in the NICU with their baby.
- All three of our children needed special care either during pregnancy or as a newborn.
- Through our journey in this business, we have met many other families that have gone through similar journeys or even tougher situations with their preterm or sick babies.
- We care about the families across the country and we are so thankful to be able to give back in such a great way, blessing these families with peace of mind knowing this is one less thing to worry about with their new baby.
Why do you only donate when an Olive Gioia OVer is purchased?
- The Olive Gioia OVer was named after our own preemie born at 32 weeks with a 37 day NICU stay. The Olive Gioia OVer is the only OVer specifically for the B.O.S.S. program, although we still contribute a portion of our total sales revenue towards our local NICU in London, ON